A $10 membership fee for service connection is required for all consumers choosing to join North Central Electric Cooperative. The $10 membership fee is refunded when the member moves off the North Central Electric system.
Consumers may pay a $195 deposit* to receive electric service from the cooperative. A $215 deposit* is required for consumers considered "all electric."
*The deposit will be held by the cooperative for a period of two (2) years. After the two-year period, the entire deposit, plus 3 percent annual interest, will be refunded to the consumer, provided the consumer has maintained a good credit rating with the cooperative. A good credit rating shall mean that the member has not been delinquent in paying his/her bill more than once in the most recent 12-month period.
Meter Fees & Charges
A $38 "Trip Charge" will be assessed to the consumer for the following
- Collection and/or disconnection trip
- Delinquent service reconnect during regular business hours
- Reconnect or disconnection of service for a consumer with multiple accounts at one location ($38 trip charge plus $12 for each additional meter)
- Delivery of returned mail
A $100 "Overtime Charge" will be assessed to the consumer for service reconnection after regular work hours.
- Calls received between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. (normal weekdays)
- No reconnections on weekends or holidays.
Meter Test (at consumers request)
The customer is required to pay a $38 test fee before the test is done. If the meter is in error more than 2 percent, the the meter test fee will be refunded. The meter test fee is waived, if the meter had not been tested within the previous 10 years.
- Service fee, $18 plus bank charge
- Trip charge, $38
Unauthorized Electricity Use
- Estimated electric use plus damages and administrative costs
- Minimum charge, $350
Security Light Installation Charge
- No installation charge for installing light on existing cooperative pole.
- Deliver and set for each additional pole required, $100.
- If an additional pole is required, its location must be in a serviceable area (i.e. within 20 feet of a driveway).
- No light will be installed on a customer's pole for liability and safety reasons.
- The installation of security light equipment, other than the 150-watt metal halide style security light, normally provided by the cooperative, is subject to possible added installation charges to accommodate the difference in equipment and material cost.
- Rental charge, $11 per month.
- Security Light Application
- The actual cost of the permit is assessed to the consumer